What are Ceramic Veneers?
Ceramic or porcelain faces are very thin, specially formulated structures that mimic the colors and properties of the teeth, designed to cover the front surface of the teeth to enhance your appearance. Porcelain Veneers are attached to the front of the teeth, changing their color, shape, size and length.
Ceramic Veneers – What Problem Do They Solve?
Porcelain faces help solve many problems in a daily smile, such as:
- Teeth discolored – either due to endodontic treatment, or spots that are white or brown, resulting from tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride or other causes.
- Teeth that have changes in their normal color due to Dental Fillings.
- Teeth that have been abraded together (due to teeth clenching). It is the appropriate treatment for people who have Bruxism.
- Teeth that have been carved or broken.
- Teeth that are not aligned, which are uneven or irregular (for example they have cavities or curves in them).
- Teeth with gaps between them (to close the gap between these teeth).
Ceramic Veneers – Treatment Process
Ceramic Veneers usually require three visits to the dentist – one for assessing the condition and developing a treatment plan, one for tooth preparation and one for adhering them.
Diagnosis and treatment plan
During this appointment, your dentist will examine your teeth to make sure the Ceramic Veneers are right for you. You will then discuss what the process details and some of its limitations. Explain to your dentist the result you are trying to achieve.
- Preparation of teethFor the preparation of the Ceramic Veneers, it is important to remove a small portion of the tooth enamel to give space to the Ceramic Veneers. This procedure has no pain because it is performed using an anesthetic.We then take impressions from the prepared teeth and send them to the dental technician for their final manufacture.
Before finishing the appointment, a temporary prosthesis will be adhered to the prepared teeth to match the final shape and color of the ceramic faces.
- AdhesionBefore the Ceramic Veneers are permanently fitted, we will try-in fitting so your teeth can reach the desired color. If the final color is determined, then we will proceed to the final adhesion.
Ceramic Veneers – Postoperative Stage
The patient should not eat anything hard on the side of the Ceramic Veneers for at least 4 hours.
After a week, you should make an appointment at the clinic to re-examine the Ceramic Veneers, for finishing details and refine them.
Ceramic Veneers – Final result
The smile you’ve always wanted, and you didn’t think you could have it!
A smile that Hollywood stars would be jealous of!